Tuesday, April 05, 2005

What will become of the Doom Pixies?

Since I started the dragon story, I've been trying to decide whether or not I was ever going to go back to the Doom Pixies. The problem was, while I loved the Pixies as characters, I did not love the plot of the story, and it takes both good characters and a good plot to make a story fun and exciting. So their it sat, for a long while, until recently, when I was working on a new story idea. Some of you have heard me talk about the story I'm calling "City of Mages". One charcter in COM is an enigmatic, god-like figure named Thurigen. The idea was that Thurigen, though powerful, was not especially precise in excercising his power and needed a right hand man (or woman) for more detail-oriented work. As I was planning this, I decided it should be a sprite or pixie. Then it hit me: why not make it Simile? And she could bring the rest of the doom pixies along for support. I liked it. So I'm doing it. I guess this post can pretty much be summed up like this: the doom pixie story will not continue, but the doom pixies themselves will be incorporated into the supporting cast of City of Mages, an anthology of stories in it's own right. COM will began after the conclusion of part I of the dragon saga and, once it's gotten on it's feet, will run parallel to part II.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yay! I heart the doom pixies!