I realize this has been done before, but this time there's a catch- no high-tech weapons, no characters with insurmountable or god-like abilities. Only weapons that would have been possible with medievil technology are allowed. Use of Magic and the Force is to be limited(we'll explain that later). The way in which I intend to determine the winner will be complicated and time consuming, so don't expect updates to be frequent. The seconds will likely not be used, but are required as a precaution. (Plus I thought it would be fun to list them).
The Competitors, in alphabetical order by last name (if they have last names) are:
1. Aragorn (Lord of the Rings) - The rightful King of Gondor is clearly the best trained with medievil weaponry. He will need this to overcome his lack of special powers. He is part Elf, and his Sword, Narsil, has some magic in it, but it's of a very subtle type. He's still very tough. His second is Gimli.
2. Marcus Cole (Babylon 5) - Marcus knows a lot about his Mimbari force pike, and his martial arts training is unparralleled. He is looking forward to proving that the Rangers, not the Jedi, are the leading force of peace in the galaxy. Though his show be obscure, his heart is pure. His second is Lennier.
3. Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter) - The only wizard Voldemort fears will be a tough act to beat - luckily, his spells will be limited. Still, I have a feeling he knows a thing or two about the blade. His second is Sirius Black.
4. Dylan Hunt (Andromeda) - Both the Last of the Paradigm and the Last Great Captain of the Commonwealth, Dylan's innate badassness is surpassed only by Kevin Sorbo's arrogance. He also used to be Hercules. In short, he will be quite the competitor. His second is Telemachus Rhade.
5. Teal'c (Stargate SG-1) - The Goa'uld's most wanted, Teal'c the Sha'vaa is a force to be reckoned with. Even deprived of his trusty staff weapon, he should be able to deal with anyone by quick reflexes and brute strength. His scond is Bre'tak.
6. Darth Vader (Star Wars IV-VI) - Vader killed more Jedi than any one else. He is the chosen one, and even when not actively using the force has heightened senses and reflexes associated with it. If he had not felt sorry for Luke, he likel would have killed the Emperor, ruled the Galaxy, and never been defeated. His second is Mara Jade.
7. Worf, son of Mogh (Star Trek)- The only main character to serve on two seperate Star Trek serieses, Worf comes from the warrior race of Klingons, and successfully bested 31 others in a Bat'leth tournament in at least two universes. Very skilled with Klingon bladed weapons, especially his Mak'leth. His second is General Martok.
8.Master Yoda (Star Wars, Episodes I-III)- The little green leader of the Jedi, Yoda will be able to use the force as much as he wants to augment his small stature, and a limited number of times for offensive purposes. Powers are limited to those seen in the movies. His second is Obi-Wan Kenobi.
The first match will be up eventually. If you wish to place bets, I think that would make this more entertaining. Quark will be happy to serve as our bookie. We accept republic credits, Latinum, Melange, Knuts, and Root Beer. The Altaran dollar and the Pu will not be accepted. Thank you.